Normatec is the ultimate recovery device. The patented compression technology is well known to assist with faster recovery and improved performance. The technology can help those training for a competition, standing for long hours on the job, or suffering from sore muscles and inflammation. Normatec’s patented technology increases circulation and reduces pain and soreness.
At Summit Performance Therapy, we often use Normatec as a powerful complement to our other services.
- Sports injuries: Normatec can help athletes recover from injuries and improve their overall performance.
- Orthopedic conditions: Normatec can help patients recover from conditions such as osteoarthritis, tendinitis, and more.
- Post-workout recovery: Normatec can help reduce muscle soreness and improve recovery after intense exercise.
In addition to Normatec compression therapy, we offer a range of other physical therapy and wellness services, including Dry Needling, Manual Therapy, Exercise, Pelvic Floor Therapy, Kinotek, and Taping.
If you’re interested in learning more about our Normatec compression therapy and how it can benefit you, please don’t hesitate to contact us at Summit Performance Therapy. We’ll be happy to answer any questions and help you schedule an appointment for a consultation with one of our therapists.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Normatec services
Normatec compression therapy is commonly used to aid recovery from sports injuries, orthopedic conditions, and post-workout recovery to reduce muscle soreness and improve circulation.
During your Compression Therapy session, you will feel a rhythmic series of compression and deflation through the device (arms, hips, or legs). Most report this to be a relaxing experience.
Normatec sessions are typically 20-30 minutes in length and can be used daily.
These systems use a patented massage pattern to target different parts of the body. It uses pneumatic compression to massage the arms, hips, and legs. By improving circulation, the recovery system promotes pain relief and recovery. The following biomimicry forms are used:
- Pulsing. It mobilizes fluid by mimicking the muscle pumps of arms and legs. This helps improve the movement of metabolites and fluid out of the body after an intense workout.
- Gradient hold. It stops fluids from being directed in the wrong direction by restricting the backflow of fluid.
- Distal release. It prevents backflow by releasing the hold pressure in each zone.
We recommend you wear clothes that fit comfortably, but snugly. Loose-fitting clothes may bunch and cause discomfort as the device compresses.
- Inflammation is reduced
- Muscles are rejuvenated
- Range of motion is improved
- Metabolites are cleared
- Reduces post-workout soreness and pain
- Sports injury recovery is accelerated
To determine whether the Normatec recovery system is right for you, we will evaluate your condition. In addition to professional athletes, fitness enthusiasts can benefit from these systems as well. The system is also beneficial for people who work physically demanding jobs. In addition, it is useful for those recovering from surgery.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Take the first step towards a healthier, happier you.